Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Tuesday 2 April 2019

War of the Spanish Succession 10mm additions.

Not being one for putting each unit that is completed on the here I thought I'd wait until a few were completed before adding these chaps to the latest post. Still two more squadrons to paint up and then I will be forced to spend more dosh!

Three squadrons from Ross seven squadron brigade, 1st and 2nd Wynne's rgt of dragoons (5th) and the 1st of Gray's rgt of dragoons (2nd).




The combined Grenadiers from all the other units done so far.




The French, the remainder of Broglie's brigade consisting of two squadrons of de Tarneau's rgt and two squadrons of de la Baume.




I have just finished adapting the General de Armee rules to WSS, they will need play testing but I will post when I am happy with the changes.
Dave.

12 comments:

  1. Are your cavalry bases starting to warp?


    Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep mate, just a little, it's not a big deal so I'll sort it out soon. Time is my enemy!

      Delete
  2. Great work, Dave! Who makes the figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These particular ones are Old Glory Jonathon, very nice indeed. I do like there cavalry.

      Delete
  3. Very nice...
    If I wasn’t already painting WSS in 28 mm I would be very tempted myself...


    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and disciplined looking units, well done Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice stuff Dave I do like those squadron sized bases for 10mm and even though I say so myself- nice figures too- most if not all seem to be Old Glory Grandscale 10mm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andy, I will be back to you for some more. Hope you and Carol are well.
      Dave.

      Delete
  6. Lovely work and very productive........well done 🙂

    ReplyDelete