Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Monday 9 May 2016

Hey, it's the Huns Honey!

As promised more Impetus basing done, this time eight groups of 28mm Hunnic light cavalry. As you can see on the photos I've used the term Zunn to denote each unit. I know that it is a Mongol military title for 'hundreds' and rather too late for Huns (and there seem to be no record of unit termanology for them) but it's better than 'Unit 1, Unit 2' etc so what the hell.
Photos of some 'toothy' looking Huns, figures are Old Glory and Gripping Beast if I recall.






One a large enough table eight units of horse archers should p*** the enemy off!
Ostro and Visigoths next.
Dave.

9 comments:

  1. Sweet!! Your post at TMP caught my eye as I am seriously considering a Hun army for Saga. These are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Skipper, appreciate you looking in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look dynamic and fierce Dave, ideal for this kind of troop, excellent job...and I love your bases as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome and impressive display of painted Huns - fantastic looking army - the flocking of bases look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very kind Phil, very pleased with the way they have come out.

    ReplyDelete