Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Wednesday 25 May 2016

War game mat

A quick interlude while I put together the AAR of my French Vs Neals lucky, lucky Peninsular Spanish (no biased report coming there then!).
I sent away for and recieved two rubber wargame mats for my table from Tiny Wargames UK , not the cheapest but the quality is fantastic and I am very pleased. Richard will print the mats to any size required and will add hexes or squares as desired. I had fine 600mm squares on the mat in the photes mainly for 'To The Strongest' rules but the lines on the squares are so fine that they can be ignored if you wish.




Not quite the best shots in the world but you see what I mean.
I supose I had better get on with that Peninsula AAR now.
Dave.

5 comments:

  1. Dave what version is the mat made from - pvc cloth???? If pvc does it shine too much under electric light?
    Peter
    As I am hovering over a purchase
    What size is your table and does it sit flat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got one of their mousepad double-siders this month. Pricey, but worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete