Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Saturday 24 August 2019

More Frenchies!

The second French Revolutionary Republican battalion  (1793 ish) is now complete. Again these thirty six figures are from The Emperor Toads Emporium very nice figures they are to:



I photographed both battalions just to prove that I'd done two!
One more forty eight figure Austrian battalion then I should have sufficient for a General de Armee game.
Dave.

12 comments:

  1. Excellent work mate

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice sculpts, and excellently painted. Never heard of this make before. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ever expanding range Dean, I think they are going to be covering most of what we want.

      Delete
  3. Superb impression of your massed French, Dave! The work on the striped trousers is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, my eyes popped out after doing them!

      Delete
  4. I particularly like the way the bases match your terrain tiles so well. Looking forward to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine additions. Nice to see painted examples of the range.

    ReplyDelete