Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Saturday 27 June 2020

Absolutely Hexasperated.

Viewers of this rickety old blog may recall that I put up my 15mm Spanish Napoleonic army for sale, well sell it did and as I use this sort of funding to enhance my hobby I decided to indulge an itch as it were. So with a combination of never being 100% chuffed with my existing terrain and the fact that I wanted to replicate (in a much smaller way) my love of Mick's, one of my mates hex terrain table that he has built in his converted garage up in the wilds of Northumberland, I decided to spend some of the dosh on Kalistra Here hex terrain.
I am very pleased with the result, it looks good and is of course extremely flexible allowing any set up you could wish for to be replicated. The company was very helpful and efficient even during these difficult times, the service was great so thanks to them.

Here are some pics so judge for yourselves:







Still painting up loads of 15mm FPW artillery and limbers, not exciting but necessary I'm afraid.
Dave.

11 comments:

  1. Your hex terrain looks fab, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The terrain looks great Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks marvellous - very envious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking terrain and nice to treat yourself with the monies made from the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding to the chorus: lovely looking terrain and figures; a huge tick for the aesthetic joy of wargaming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks lads, quite chuffed with the whole thing.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good, somehow it doesn't look as bright green as mine. Judging from the photos you're not using the grid for movement? I think gridded movement is a great boon as it eliminates all those is it or isn't it in reach discussions. I look forward to seeing your FPW armies contesting this ground - whose figures (manufacturer) are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is slightly greener than I want but I will fix that with a bit of light blotching of brown paint, very careful though!. No your right this game is Pickett's Charge which doesn't need the grid but I will be using the hexes for a ACW set a mate of mine has developed plus To the Strongest on hexes instead of squares. The figures are Outpost. not bad and they do a full range.
      Dave.

      Delete
    2. Do you find the plastic clips for holding it together fiddly as I came with a much easier system in a piece I wrote for the now defunct online magazine 'The Wargamer's Notebook'. If I had your address I could send you a copy.

      Delete
  9. Wonderful armies, terrain, hexes, and photos...Superb!

    ReplyDelete