Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Sunday 10 July 2022

10mm ECW progress

 Don't worry Mick I'm getting on with it!

One of the club lads have been waiting patiently for me to pull my finger out and get on with some more 10mm ECW (Edgehill) troops. To be fair the 10mm Napoleonic's have had priority to get them finished but that's just an excuse really, so, as I said, Mick, here are some at least.

The cavalry will complete a brigade each for the King's side and parliament while the dragoons give one rgt to the parliamentarians and two to the King. Dragoons of course are the usual pain in the bum as you need mounted and dismounted. I could do with horse holders but as nobody seems to do them in 10mm I will have to convert some ACW Pendraken to do the job.

Duncombe's and Aston's royalist dragoons.

Brown's parliamentary dragoons.

Waller and Wharton's parliamentarian horse.

Carnarvon and Lord Wilmot's royalist horse.

As usual for me I have just found that I'm short of a few French Napoleonic 10mm skirmish stands. It's never finished until it's finished eh!

Dave.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minifigs/AIM produce horseholders, and are available from Dave Ryan at Caliver books. I have loads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, how many Minifigs horses and holders do you get per pack?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The website says dragoon horseholder x12, so I'm guessing 3 or 4 actual holders + horses. The ACW list for dismounted cavalry has Horse Holder X16 so that doesn't help and there's no pictures of either.

    http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/Catalogue.aspx?ScaleID=1&CategoryID=5&SubCategoryID=10

    ReplyDelete