Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Room with a view, of toy soldiers that is!

Well, I must say I've been waiting for a long time to have a painting room all to myself and finally I have managed it. Hey don't get me wrong, I love all of my boys/men actually but with them moving out THE ROOM IS MINE.
Painting table in, IKEA display units built, bookshelf  painted, some of the pictures I want are on the wall and all's reasonable in the world (reasonable is what I accept now, it'll do me!). The display cabinet means that I have transferred all the 28mm stuff from the garage to the room which will give me half a chance to make space in there to actually wargame once in a while.
Here's the photos:












Some of the pics are a bit blurry but what the hey!
Dave.

11 comments:

  1. You lucky chap. I've been ordered to redecorate mine in the school holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sell the kids Scotty, you'd get at least four battalions for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done! You have a fine collection and now a dedicated room...I envy you so much! You give us all hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave- you have now officially become a "gentleman of a certain age" with his owen playromm.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece of real estate. Very orderly and tasteful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks lads, chuffed to bits. Andy, A certain age yes, Gentleman is up for debate!
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next game at the pub- late July- 24th I believe- Micro tanks - farsands of 'em... apparently ...

      Delete
  7. As long as I can see the little buggers I'll try to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very good idea to make a room for painting.
    Your photos could myself of inspiration for my bedroom!
    Hi
    Simmy

    ReplyDelete