Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Saturday 15 October 2011

28mm French Revolutionary

I think it's time to put something slightly different on this week. I've been interested in the French Revolutionary Wars for at least ten years and started this collection several years ago. The French are mainly Old Glory with bicorn chapeau, lovely figures, very animated and perfect for my idea of how revolutionary troops should appear. Look closely and you can see that the coat tails are slightly too long as they are really for 1805-07  but at the time I began the collection no-one else made figures for this period. The Austrians are Elite (again very nice figures though ugly little buggers) and Trent miniatures. I love the Eureka range, great design and a full and expanding range, just sooooo expensive.
For rules I use the General De Brigade set with slight changes to reflect the more limited manoeuvrability of the Austrians and the enthusiastic but brittle French.
The Figures and flags are for the army of the North in 1794-5.

Austrian Grenz Elite figures.


Two Austrian line battalions Trent figures with attendant guns.





French infantry battalions.






French Dragoons Front Rank figures.






French Chasseurs with early helmet, Elite figures.


With Old Glory Hussars behind from their 'French in Egypt range'.




A French horse artillery battery, again from Old Glory's 'French in Egypt range'.



More figures to come next week.
Dave.

4 comments:

  1. When are we going to have another bash with this lot then???

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Andy,I'll chat about the next game when I come down on the 21th Nov for the Naval venture, I'll inform Tom and see if he's up for it.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave.

    Great looking armies you've got there! I'll be sure and tell Darren (our resident Republican) to check your blog out.

    ReplyDelete