Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Sunday 22 January 2017

Bloody Lane, Antietam 1862

Even now after all these years of wargaming something comes along and surprises you. I have three pretty much adult sons (in body if not in mind) none of whom have shown any interest in my hobby other that a slight tinker with warhammer when they were kids.
Now I have James over in the USA who is a vastly better painter of figures than me If you have Tumbler - here
 Harry who only loves his computer games and lo and behold my 28 yr old Jack who comes over from his place, walks up to the Antietam 15mm game and completely out of the blue says 'well, fancy a game!' You could have bowled me over. Anyway the little (well big actually) son didn't throw anything less than a total of eight with two D6's all night and completely ground me into the dirt. 'I enjoyed that' he said, well I bet he did the bugger.
15mm ACW. The rules were the fantastic Picketts Charge.
So no commentary, can't be arsed, in a huff:













In the pictures you can see some of the many fences I have been putting together with lolly pop sticks and matches. I am now in the process of replacing the temporary hills with more purpose built ones made from foam board, boring but, well it has to be done.
Dave.

6 comments:

  1. some good quality gaming time - nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norm, not sure if I'll play him again - he's too bloody good!
      Dave.

      Delete
  2. Looks a great game even if he did give you a beating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks bloody, intense and beautiful! Love these impressive guns and the fences...

    ReplyDelete