Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Saturday 29 July 2017

Delays and frustration!

Been a bit of a sod this month mainly as my third hand PC went tits up, kicked the bucket and generally died an inglorious death. Now I hear you say 'third hand' what the heck do you expect. Fair play, I got this one from my third son who had got it from my second son and though set back to factory settings when I received it I suspect like me it was just getting a bit long in the tooth.
Any ho got my first new one for about ten years, yes I am that tight! So back up and running.
Had a couple of games of General De Armee, Spanish vs French so Neal and I are getting to grips with these fantastic rules. I didn't record them for posterity as we were looking back and forward through the rule book to clarify things and as I was thoroughly enjoying myself I frankly couldn't be arsed. I will do a Saturday game soon and put that on here.
In the meantime I have added a regiment of Confederate cavalry to my fairly big 15mm collection, Union cavalry still to do. Plus here are a few of photos of the 10mm French for Blucher. This will give a core of infantry to build the French army around and gets the repetitive side over, just pretty units to add.






Looking at the photos I thought maybe I should have made more of their faces but then they are 10mm for goodness sake, I'd be on all month doing that!
Dave.

6 comments:

  1. It actually sounds like its been a productive month, more-so than my kicking my heels and 'thinking' month!

    lovely 10mm, I look forward to a General d'Armee AAR. I have both these and Pickets Charge, so any AAR's on them are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never gone through life 'thinking' Norm, it's not what it's cracked up to be so I figure why start now!
      Dave

      Delete