Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Sunday 12 November 2017

Up yours Photobucket!

As the title suggests and as stated in previous posts, due to Photobucket's brilliant business decision to charge bloggers money for republishing/posting or whatever you want to call it on third party sites I have for quite a while been busy re-posting all of the photographs which I had stored on my hard drive back onto this blog cause I won't bow to blackmail.
I know, it's their site where I put the pictures, it's their decision to charge and ultimately I should have just posted them onto the blog direct from my hard drive and saved a lot of work but I didn't, mainly as I didn't see this coming but what the hey.
Anyhow all pictures have now been re-posted and if you dear reader wish to peruse all the older posts by clicking on the headings under the large title picture of Napoleon on the front page then they now all have pretty pictures to go with them. Jolly good and as the title says, 'Up yours Photobucket'.
Dave.

7 comments:

  1. I'm still re posting mine. Kind of given up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your too busy painting figures Scotty, where do you put em all!

      Delete
    2. Running out of storage now. May have to part with a few

      Delete
  2. A bummer of a situation, but thanks for all the hours you spend on keeping this blog so enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Norm, honestly, I get as much pleasure looking through the older posts as anyone else, a reminder of games I've played and figures I've painted. Worth the effort I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, bet that was a real nuisance. I had a problem when BT Mail altered their email service. Had to change company, transfer emails etc. Mind you, I just looked up reviews for BT services. Its sad for some of those using that company, but it is also quite funny/irritating, a bit like reading the script to an episode of 'Some Mothers do have them'. Thanks for putting up the photos, just viewed your FRW collection.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael, all this modern technology is mostly quite beyond me so these buggers putting up additional hurdles is annoying to say the least.

      Delete