Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Saturday 6 June 2020

You could drive a coach and horses through this!

I have had this coach made for a couple of months but have been waiting for the two figures from Black Hussar Miniatures Here to finish it off. The idea was that rather than the usual horse riding general for the Austrians/Emigre etc I would have a more nonchalant gent dispensing commands from the comfort of his coach.
Rob Anderson kindly gave me the coach without having the foggiest as to where he got it from years back so I'm afraid I can't shed any light on it from that aspect but I do think it may well be 30mm rather that 28, which may suggest Redoubt, the coachman looks somewhat vertically challenged compared to the model but what the heck, everyone deserves a job right! Horses are Reiver Casting Here








A nice addition I think. Well back at work now so I'm afraid wargame productivity will drop off quite a bit. Had a good run though!
Dave.

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely model, with loads of detail and you've done a fine job on the painting front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely 30mm - you're going to have to sell it! Seriously, brilliant job as ever.

    ReplyDelete