Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Saturday 23 January 2021

Warlord 28mm Prussian Uhlans

 One of my lads knowing roughly what was required bought me these figures for Xmas and I've now got round to painting them. At first I had some reservations about another plastic set of figures especially as I hadn't painted up Warlord stuff before but at £24, £2 per figure you can't get cheaper which suited the lads budget.

The figures are pretty clean requiring only a little snipping and shaving though the type of plastic Warlord use requires a particularly sharp blade or it will just leave frayed bits but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the figures were really well sculpted with a good deal of detail for both horses and riders. I did of course replace the lances and pennants supplied with the figures as their bendiness would have been one step too far, the paint would never have stayed on them. When finished the figure are light in weight but hey you pays your money and takes your choice.






The horses were done in oils with the excess wiped off then allowed to dry, it's not a method I use much but I gave it a go and the look ok. The blue of the riders were  done using contrast paint with a light blue undercoat, again fine and pretty easy to do.

I now have three battalions of Perry Landweher which will complete the very large Prussian brigade I own to do next.

Stay safe,

Dave.

6 comments:

  1. What a great looking cavalry Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rather dashing looking regiment Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather spiffing I must say Dave,

    Yet to purchase some of these, you have tipped me over the edge!

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, they did come out well though if money were no object I would nearly always go for metal. I just like the weight of the figures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great. The artistry of your basing is shown brilliantly by your final photo. Your placement of the figures with slight differences in the poses makes for a most impressive sight.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your a thoroughly nice chap James, thanks for the comments.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete