Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Monday 26 August 2024

Terrain - Grrrr

 I may just have mentioned this before but I hate doing terrain, I'm not particularly good at it and find it all a bit of a chore. However that said these hills were necessary and turned out not too bad, learning on the job as I was. The hills I had were too small, light and each one was just placed on top of the other so any bumping would knock the figures over so I was forced into it.

I'm not going into detail as to how they were constructed as everyone has their own methods and there are plenty of videos out there but here's the pictures with 28mm figures for scale:








Back to figure painting thank goodness!
Dave.

9 comments:

  1. I for one love making terrain, more so than painting miniatures, which I generally find a chore. Your perseverance paid off as those hills look great:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, the joy of this hobby eh, everyone gets a kick out of different things. Cheers.

      Delete
  2. Great work on them, I usually buy terrain as my skills in that department are not the best. You have done a great job there, they look grand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For not liking to make terrain they turned out very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive work Sir always hard to find the right balance between look and functionality for hills 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. If this is you not being particularly good..
    I can’t wait to see what you being good looks like 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank ever so much lads, Matt your quite right I had to get the balance right between the look of the hills and storage, so not too many rocks, and the shrubs are soaked in PVA to harden them off. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave, these look great. You've done an especially good job with the rocks, I can almost feel my feet aching trying to cross them!

    ReplyDelete