Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Saturday 16 April 2016

Getting there

The last couple of weeks have seen me fixing various bits of IKEA furniture together, some for my good lady and some for myself, though I have managed to fit in the odd game with Neal and a visit to the club so not too bad.
I finally started painting/re-basing my 28mm late Roman/Goth/Hunnic army but more of that in a later post.
The main achievement is to finally get the war game table constructed in the painting/gaming room.

Three pieces of IKEA box storage units were put together as a base, they also serve as storage compartments for terrain.



Part of the originaltable tennis table cut to fit.


Second section fitted, I didn't cut the two sections to the same size as I figured it would give me the option of a different size game depending on what I want.





Finally with my original green hex matting rolled out on top.






Might get a game in soon!
Dave.


7 comments:

  1. I wouldnt have done it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous of the gaming room, i must have one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whooo, hi James, really glad you drop in, keep looking it's nice that your interested in my blog. I actually think that if I got enough food supplies up here that I could ride out most world catastrophes, I mean it even has an en suite!

      Delete