Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Saturday 28 July 2018

Austrian Grenzers French Revolution cir 1794

'One small step' as Neil Armstrong said, well maybe not quite in the same bracket as man kinds first moon landing but hey its one more job done down the road of getting my French Rev troops into some semblance of order,
28mm Eureka Grenzers are done, 16 figures on two man skirmish bases primarily for General D'Armee but also for Sharp Practice. I painted them up in their regulation white uniforms and gray cloaks (with one or two red ones added for variation) as they were issued with these when they got to their units. I will include here a link to the Eureka site for a better description.
Behind the skirmishers I painted up is the unit formed up, not the best of figures as you can see. I bought them at one of the Claymore shows years ago and couldn't even tell you which figure manufacturer they were so they ain't the best painted unit I have but they will do the job as the formed light unit probably won't be used that much.







A French Chasseur cavalry regiment next I think.
Dave.

13 comments:

  1. Dave you've done a cracking job with the Eureka figures. They are a great company but obviously pricey.Clearly the revolutionary wars are in vogue but I have missed that boat.I also like the close order unit, they look very Austrian?ell done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, the Grenzers are great. Eureka have an excellent range and these are some of my favourites. The close order unit looks ok to me. Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks guys, yep Eureka are great but expensive, especially if you get hit with income tax as I nearly always do. The powers that be must have me on a list or something!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, save up, order more,than 300 Aus$ and arrange to collect, or have collected by a mate, from Salute. No postage. No customs, 30% discount for spending more than 300 Aus%$ Or even put bigger order together with like minded peeps. Colin

      Delete
  4. Some interesting figures on the table. But I do wonder what make those others are at the back, Mirleton? I think they also look the part!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right Michael, I really don't know, very soft metal, possibly Plasticine!
      Dave

      Delete
  5. Fine work there on both sets of figures. I always enjoy seeing your Revolutionary Wars project, it inspired me when I first started mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, it's been quite a while since I did much with my French Rev stuff but my blood is up as it were. Had a look on your blog, brilliant collection way out numbering mine. Very well done there mate I can see that loads of work went into it.
      Dave.

      Delete
  6. love your work Dave,

    I am diving into the deep end of pre 1805 Austrians now after completing my French army, be following for inspiration!

    cheers
    Matt
    "Herce Salon de Guerre"
    Stay-Tour-Wargame-Relax

    ReplyDelete