Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Friday 13 July 2018

Old figures, new photos.

As previously mentioned I'm flogging two of my Elite French Revolutionary cavalry units off as I think they are a little large in size compared with the other cavalry units in the collection. Elite are great figures, though a bit Marmite for some folks (you either love em or hate em) but I decided to pay the extra and go for Eureka. These having arrived and having found the Elite a good loving home (one of the lads who follows this blog actually) I realised I never did put up pictures of one of the units I'm selling, the early French Chasseurs.
I consider this blog a visual record of the collections I have had in the past, those painted for others, those I own now and games I have participated in. It's really for me to look back at and though it's great that anyone else takes a small amount of pleasure in dropping by, truthfully the whole thing is done for selfish old me so I didn't want to miss out on getting these guys on here before they go off to a far better general than I'll ever be!
Painted about three years ago, French Chasseurs cir 1792-4:





Hopefully I will post pictures of the re-done Austrian artillery battery this weekend.
Dave.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, very impressive close ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, sometimes closeups aren't a good idea!
      Dave.

      Delete
  2. Great figures. I like Elite. I lilike Eureka.Both have their pros and cons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice indeed Dave and I’m like you, very much like Elites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job with those figures. But I also know what you mean. Unfortunately, I haven't the resolve to switch over to Eureka, or the finances. So I will stick with my mainly Wargames Foundry and similar sized conversions for the French republicans. While my British are predominantly home castings as no one produced British when I started my collection so many years ago. Regards, Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No unfortunately about it Michael, I've been wargaming on a very limited budget for many years and was only able to raise the funds by making a killing on some old boardgames I sold recently. You do what you must.
      Dave.

      Delete