Welcome

Welcome to my wargaming blog,
I'm Dave and live in Morpeth, Northumberland in the UK.
This may or may not be a regular thing, we'll just have to see how it goes.

I am a painter/collector of figures first and a wargamer second. My thrill in this great hobby of ours is to place that final well researched & painted unit into the cabinet. The actual gaming with the figures is an important but secondary experience, we all like to win, but it isn't the be all and end all of it, being with good friends and having fun is.
Hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I will writing in it.
Just to remind the visitor to scroll down the various pages and click on 'older posts' to see more.
Dave.

Sunday 22 August 2021

Bits and bobs

 It ain't that I haven't been doing anything guys, honest but really little to post on here for a while. I have completed a full brigade of 10mm French infantry for 1812 but as I have posted photographs of similar brigades of these chaps on here in the past I didn't think it worth putting them on again. Still more of these and their Russian counterparts to paint up but getting on towards thirty battalions per side now so pleased with the progress on that front.

Just to break things up though I wanted to begin adding a bit of 'street furniture' as it were for Sharp Practice games in particular but other larger scale games as well so after trawling through eBay I was pleased to find a number of suitable items to purchase. We are incredibly fortunate to be able to access so much great stuff on line when years ago it would all have had to be DIY'd ourselves.




Also bought a 28mm figure of prince Fredrick duke of York for the French Revolution collection. I would normally have based him up before photographing him but as a C in C he needs to be on a base with at least two other figures which I haven't got yet so that will have to wait.





Next up, more 10mm Naps I think, I may put them up here just to prove I haven't been sitting on my arse, well I have of course, not many of us paint standing up!

Dave.

6 comments:

  1. I like the street clutter. Perfect for Sharpe Practice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The well will be great if your muskets foul rule Scotty.

      Delete
  2. Well Dave, 30 odd battalions is pretty impressive! I'd love to see the latest batch, just to inspire me to pick up the brushes again. Love the bits'n'bobs for SP, which look great. The 28mm DoY is not too shabby either:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, I'll finish the light battalion I'm doing and post pics of the lot.
      Dave.

      Delete
  3. Nice paint job on the Duke of York - are you going to base him half way up a hill?

    ReplyDelete